Sunday, January 6, 2013

Disappointing News on the home front

It all started a while ago when I was doing my breast exam and found 2 lumps. Called my doctor and got refered to a breast doctor, Dr. Hoberman. She was fantastic when I met her and the first time I met her, her and her nurse prayed for me-so sweet!!! Anyways they couldnt do a MRI because I was pregnant so I went in every trimester to check on the lumps. Delivered Melina and had a mammogram when Melina was 3 weeks old-they found the dense spot and would like an MRI, but you cant do one until your done breast feeding for 3 months. We talked about pros and cons and I decided to continue to nurse Melina. Well I stopped in September and MRI was schedueled for Dec. We had it done at Holland hospital and the Dr. said 48-72 hours for results. Unfortunatley the phone rang not even 24 hours later and said we have some bad news we found one lump that doesnt look good. Were sending you to Betty Ford Wednesday the 26th for a biopsy. We were there all day between ultrasounds, MRI's, mammograms and Biopsys. Told the same thing 48-72 hours the doctor should call. Well the next day they called- have some not so good news they said. The doctor just signed off on the report and sent it to Dr. Hoberman. It needs to come out. All of the biopsys came back not good and Dr. Hoberman will be calling you soon. Well her office did call and we meet with her Tuesday. Day to day right now its touchy-one hour were fine the next we all cry together. Both sides of my family have dealt or passed away from breast cancer so right now were just a little scared. We wonder obviously Im having a lumpectomy, but how much will they take since all the biopsy's came back bad? Mastectomy? Chemo? Radiation? Our minds are racing. So please be with my family and I as we deal with something that we have no control over and pray for miracles. Weve seen them with Melina so Im hoping for another one. I know God is in control, and Im glad I have faith in knowing that. I could'nt imagine going through life struggles not knowing him. So please keep us in your prayers! We love you all...And will keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear! I understand that cancer is scary thing no matter what kind and I know with God in control we have peace through it all. We will be praying and if there is ANYTHING I can do, please let me know!!!! One way God shows His love and faithfulness is through others, so let God work and ask for help:). Praying here at the Stitt household.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, and the peace to know that God is in control. Keep the faith, and He will guide you through this.
    Praying...

    ReplyDelete